Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Find Out a Little About Mrs. Parker

Hello!

I am linking up with Latoya Reed of Flying into First Grade and sharing three things about myself related to my initials.


My name is Tina A. Parker (TAP)

T is for Time and how I never EVER seem to have enough of it.  I get up at 6:00am and try to get to school by 6:30 or 6:45.  Before school I either have a meeting ( I am also a math coach AND a full time teacher) for leadership or one of the coaching meetings (literacy, math, or PBIS).  This school year is more hectic with running around and "putting out fires" than normal so my lunches are either reteaching expectations with students or lunch duty twice a week.  The time formally called "prep" time is now PLC or collaboration time so prep now must be done before or after school.  After school I need to run and pick up my own children once I get out of school about 4:30 at two different daycares.  I race home to make dinner because I may have to coach swimming, take the crew to swimming practice or girl scouts, and even attend the ocasional after school meeting.  My husband works odd hours and coaches hockey so many times I am solo on parenting duties on our 3 children ages 7, 3, and 21 months.  Once I get the kids fed, baths, homework, reading the younger 2 book after book ( I can't say NO :)), and finally all of them to bed it is 9:00 or 9:30.  From there I have to choose if I clean the house that will be ripped apart again in 5 minutes flat or work on my To Do list for creating products for my students.  Finally I try to get in bed by 11pm.......



A is for Award.  I am anxiously awaiting (Since last July) to find out if I am the national recipient of the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science out of the state of Wisconsin.  I am one of two teachers from Wisconsin up for the mathematics award.  I am invited to attend an award ceremony in Madison, WI April 24 to be honored as a state finalist.  I am not one to like all the attention on myself, but I am definitely making an exception for this chapter in my life.  Even though it is a great honor to be one of the two state finalists anything short of winning in my mind will be failure (see letter P below).


P is for Perfectionist.  I admit it!  I am a perfectionist tried and true!  I set unbelievable expectations for myself and will not settle for less.  This perfectionist trait has led me to many sleepless nights, thinking/believing I can do it all.  I would like to admit that I have been working on my endless work hours relating to my teaching job, but I do like the gratification I get from the products I make and use in my classroom :).  I am sure all of you can relate- ADMIT IT!!


Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment