Sunday, August 17, 2014

Getting to Know Me! (Linky)

I am linking up with Stephanie over at Falling into First for my first linky of August.  Here are a few things about me!
 
My name is Tina Parker and for the last 13 years, I have been teaching first grade. This coming school year I am not only changing jobs (elementary interventionist K-5 in both reading and mathematics), but also changing districts to take the position.  
 

I am married and have three very active children.  Madisyn is 8 and enjoys swimming, gymnastics, going for bike rides, and loves all animals. 


Easton is 5 and will be starting kindergarten in a few weeks.  He enjoys going for bike rides, teasing his sisters, and anything that involves planes, trains, and automobiles.  

Addalyn is 3 going on 14 and this one keeps me on my toes.  She is lucky she is cute ;).  She loves playing house, dolls, anything sparkly, and the colors pink and purple.  





 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...


My Children.  Neon colors. Mr. Sketch markers. Creating my own classroom materials. Going for walks with my family. Watching my children growing up. Meeting new people through blogging, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.  PowerPoint.  Flash drives. The sport of swimming. 

 


 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

I cannot stand sitting still so I would need a job that would keep me moving.  Maybe working for the post office.  I love sorting out papers and I could get a workout all day!  


THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Quiet.  Perfectionist. Workaholic


 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"I would love to extend the school day.  My first graders can handle more sitting time...said no teacher EVER!!"

 



Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

I am not big on celebrating my birthdays, but I would invite my immediate family, my great-grandpa Charlie, and my brother in law, Chuck.  Both are passed, but I would love for my family to see them one more time :)




Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

 Organized Chaos




 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
 
I would love the ability to heal those who are sick or hurt..... 
 






Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?


" You are never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream."
-C. S. Lewis-
 


Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

 Strawberry Wine by Deena Carter......  no lie!!

 

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

Both, but if I had to choose then I would say a night owl.  Once my children are in bed, my work motivation kicks in and it is hard to stop!! 


 

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

 I absolutely love my Math intervention products!  I created these products for our math intervention time and I cannot believe how engaged each and every one of my students are during these lessons.  The best part is that the lesson plans are included!!
Math Intervention Building Number Sense (with lesson plans)

My Math Intervention (with lesson plans) product


SOMETHING YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME.......
 
I am an extreme perfectionist.... I am very hard on myself and what I expect of myself.  This can be a very strong weakness, but does work for me most times in this profession!!
 
 
Thanks for taking the time to get to know me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog from the "Falling into First" Linky Party! Your blog looks great! I'm your newest follower!

    Elementary Excellence

    ReplyDelete